Sunday, October 1, 2023

We Create - Haunts and Harvests - Abundant Beauty Masks


As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, we are assigned members in our congregation to befriend and look out for.  At this beginning of this year, I committed to send a handmade card with a special message each month.  It was one way I found that I could show my love to them.  I don't know how much it is appreciated, but I always learn from the process.  I mean...come on, who doesn't love to get a beautiful card in the mail?



Welcome to the We Create Blog Hop. The wild yellow sunflower is ever a symbol of late Summer and Fall where I live. A sign of gardens and fruit trees in full harvest. 
This month I have chosen to share the card I made for the September message.  This time of year, I love that these "weed" flowers that dot so many road sides and freeway on and off ramps in our area.

The Abundant Beauty Masks (I like to call them stencils) in the seasonal mini Stampin' Up catalog lend themselves to create a richly color blend of several yellows/oranges/brown inks to create a beautiful sunflower.  I also love the blue sky/yellow flower contrast.  I created that on this card with another mask from the set with a houndstooth pattern.
162331 -Abundant Beauty Masks  $10.50 ©Stampin' UP

Just imagine the possibilities and colors that can be put together.  It also comes with a leaves and snowflake background.

If you haven't invested in the blending brushes, it makes this so easy.  I started with the lightest yellow around the outside.  Then all the other colors were started and the center of the flower and blended out.  The background was a cinch and I love the variation in the intensity of the color - almost like a denim jean.



Stamps - Charming Sentiments
Ink - Lemon Lolly, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Pecan Pie, Early Espresso, Granny Apple Green, Garden Green, Moonlight Mist.
Paper - Moonlight Mist, Daffodil Delight, White
Accessories - Abundant Beauty Masks, Blending Brushes, Linen Thread, Autumn Leaves Dies, 2023-2025 in color dots

Your next stop on the hop is Tanya Harvey - and stay with us - you won't want to miss a thing




1 comment:

Tanya said...

Okay, this is stunning! I looove the sunflowers around here too! Your sunflowers on the blue is perfect! And sending the card as part of ministering is so great.