Sunday, October 22, 2023

Monday Montage 247 - Gift of Giving


I am so glad there are Octobers, I only wished they lasted longer.  This Fall has been picture perfect.  Saturday afternoon games at Rice Eccles Stadium, stunning leaves, time spent with family, out of country visitors, Chili Verde, Scones, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints General Conference, and temperate temperatures.


Welcome to the Monday Montage blog hop.  I caved and pulled out a Christmas stamp set.  The gift of giving stamp set is fun, different and a great set for coloring.

I opted to do some paper piecing with the mug.  I masked off the sentiment, stamped the image on the Shining Christmas DSP and then heat embossed the image.  Let me just say, because of the shiny metallic finish, this paper does not lend itself to taking ink or heat embossing.  If you are not careful, the embossing flakes off.

My next challenge was how do i color marshmallows?  I remember seeing the bags of stay puff red and green marshmallows - which translates into a light pink and green.  What a perfect addition to a holiday mug of cocoa.

To make the tag, cut a small square out of a piece of paper to mask off the mug and stamped the sentiment on red.  I cut it out with a die from Autumn Leaves.


Stamps - Gift of Giving
Ink - Markers and Blends, Black
Paper - Real Red, Mossy Meadow, White, Shining Christmas DSP (OE)
Accessories - Real Red and Garden Green ribbon combo, Blooming Pearls, Basic 3D embossing folders (OE), Autumn Leaf Dies, black embossing powder

Check out the next amazing creations at Dani's 

No comments: