Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hypothermia and an FHE report

Hypothermia may be setting in. Smiley from millan.netBesides the weather cooling off earlier than normal, We have been without hot water since Saturday. The Landlord was supposed to come yesterday to fix the hot water heater, but for some reason just couldn’t make it. Hopefully today will be the day!  Yikes! It sure makes it harder to get out of bed knowing that your shower will be cold. I finally convinced myself to get it over with this morning. As soon as I was done – I raced back to bed and climbed in. Ralph and Riley had kept the bed warm. I am not ready for a change of seasons yet.

FHE last night was fun. We had 100% attendance – 34 people. Ralph and I hosted at a local park. We planned fried chicken for the main dish and then others brought side dishes. We ordered 50 pieces from our local grocery store and knew that it probably wouldn’t be enough, but also realized not everyone would have two pieces. When we picked up the chicken the store had a special on dark meat so we picked up 8 more pieces. I know some of those guys in our group can put the food “away” Smiley from millan.netand I was still concerned that we weren’t going to have enough food. Well… guess what? The store must have been extra generous on the chicken, because I know our group ate more than 58 pieces. Ralph and I went home with an extra 6 pieces. We have such a fun eclectic group. At one point we were all in the same ward. All of us have moved except for two of the families. I think it is great that we still get together.

Well – it is the last day of the month – I better get busy.

Ta Ta for now.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Wendy Weixler said...

Loaves and fishes???? ;)