Friday, August 20, 2010

Football Countdown and a birthday wish

I can hardly wait – we got these in the mail a couple of weeks ago. I am completely giddy! In less than two weeks and I will be sitting in Rice Eccles Stadium watching the Utes play football against Pittsburg. The Vegas odds are Utes by 3 – I hope it ends by 10.  I love football season. Sitting in the stadium - enjoying the weather, watching the crazy fans, yelling at the team and coaches, cheering them on, and Red (my favorite color) - everywhere!  GO UTES

Since we are on the topic of football…I was going to let this go but I decided to speak my piece. I am not impressed with how BYU has handled the whole going independent “thing.” I think a lot of teams have been shafted. I won’t go into the whole story.   As ESPN's Colin Cowherd has reported…Independence is overrated – everybody needs somebody. BYU doesn’t have what it takes to make it as an independent. BYU can talk all they want – even if they go 12 and 0 you are not going to get any home and home games with the big boys. It sounds a lot cooler than it is. BYU is selling out.  Here is the link.  ESPN Radio - THE HERD  If you are interested you will have followed the media stories and if you are not interested the last place you want to read about it is here. At this point I think BYU is going to end up with egg all over their faces no matter how this turns out
Gary’s birthday was yesterday and I am sad I was not there to celebrate with him. I did make a card and I made sure it got there on his birthday. I had to take a picture of it with my phone camera as I got to work and realized I hadn’t gotten a picture yet. Thus you get the washed out look from this great flourescnt lighting we have in the office.  The inside reads – May your layers be many and your frosting be thick.

Stamps – Voila, fabulous phrases, Twill background
Ink - Stazon Black, blush blossom, basic gray, river rock, bashful blue, sahara stand, daffodil delight, not quite navy
Paper – Not quite Navy, Garden Green DSP, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Basic Black
Accessories – white gel pen, crystal effects

Ta Ta for now
Millan.net

No comments: