Sunday, January 21, 2024

Simply Sparkling - Monday Montage 253


I really can't complain too much about January.  We have had a couple of proper snow storms, some freezing East winds, and some rain to clear out the air of pollution.  We have a little over a week to go and then I just really start looking for signs of spring.


Welcome to out Monday Montage Blog hop.  I am so lucky to be included with such remarkable stamping talent. Stay with the hop - its worth it!

When I pulled out the Simply Sparkling stamp set to play with, all I could think about is that old Shasta commercial....  Go ahead and google it - you will be singing it for the day.

Don’t gimme that so-so soda
The same old cola
I wanna rock ‘n’ rolla.
I wanna pop (pop, pop)
I wanna Shasta.
I wanna taste pizzazz

All the great taste Shasta has.
I wanna pop (pop, pop)
I wanna Shasta (Shasta).
I wanna thrill
I wanna wow
Taste it all
I want it now.
I wanna pop (pop, pop)
I wanna Shasta.

Lately I have been enjoying Mountain Dew Spark - a tart raspberry lemonade.  I thought I would do a lineup of citrus flavors with a Slightly Sour warning.  I wasn't until I showed the card to my boy crush that he thought I was referring to the Friend as sour.  LOL  Not my intention, but kind of funny.

I added some wink of Stella to the soda pop can to make it sparkle...
I stamped off both the pumpkin pie and Parakeet to they colors were a little understated on the cans.  We certainly carry some bright colors. I took advantage of that and blended our ink to create the dotted background.  Think Bubbles!


Stamps - Simply Sparkling
Ink - Flirty Flamingo, Bubble Bath, Lemon Lime Twist, Garden Green, Pumpkin Pie, Black, Stampin UP Blends
Paper - White
Accessories - Simply Sparkling Dies, Thoughtful Expressions dies, Dots and Spots Die, ribbon duo metallic woven ribbon, bakers twine, sticky adhesive dots

Don't miss out on the rest of the project's.  Click next to find Dani's creations











1 comment:

Tanya said...

I LOVE this card!!! I drink an embarrassing lot of soda but I wasn't struck by this set...but this is SO cute! Love the dotted background and the sour warnings. This is so happy!