Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Ute Win and a picture perfect Sunday


Today I was all prepared to dive into another discourse on a great Win from the Utes.  Well ok, it wasn't a great win, but it was a win and I am ok with that.  I wasn't even for sure we had a win until the 4th quarter.  Mostly I was so glad I was able to go with Ralph and enjoy our Halloween together doing something we both love.

An extra hour of sleep felt so good.  It was such a beautiful fall day.  Crunchy leaves to walk through on the sidewalk, sun was shining, just the right temperature to spend part of the afternoon outside.  Riley thought that was a great idea.

I taught my Sunday school lesson today...and now we are all excited to do our geneology work right?  Glad that is over for the next two weeks.  Sacrament meeting was exceptionally good today.  I learned a lot from the spirit today. 

We were invited to have dinner with Ralph's sister and family.  Now think Norman Rockwell as I paint this picture. We had a great dinner - typical of Sunday.  Roast beef, mashed potatoes w/gravy, home made rolls, waldorf salad, and roasted veggies.  After dinner and dish duty we adjourned to the sitting area where there was a fire going.  Some of the children quietly played with lincoln logs and building blocks.  Ralph and his sister played duets on the piano.   A couple of his neices tied blankets around their wastes and danced to the music.  His younger brother, with his wife, worked on a puzzle, while I and Ralph's mother sat relaxing and listened to the music.  After several musical selections we returned to the dining room for apple crisp.  Could it get any better.  Just before we left, Ralph and I divied out the rest of our Halloween candy to the neices and nephews.  I am tired of Tootsie rolls - glad to get rid of it.  It was such a relaxing evening.  It almost makes it a little easier to swallow having to go to work tomorrow.

Mom and Mar will be here tomorrow and then it will a party for the rest of the week.  Hope your Sunday was as good as mine.  Ta Ta for now.

No comments: