Sunday, November 29, 2009

All I can say is...Wow

“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts.... We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude."
Charles R. Swindoll

Quick comment on yesterdays football game. Congrats to BYU for the Win in overtime. It was a crazy game. I don't think the refs called the game fair. But who does when you lose the game. The real stinger was after the game, Max Hall, the BYU quarterback talked about how the University of Utah, its fans, it's students and everyone associated with the University were "classless".  Unfortunately he has channeled all of his hatred because of a few fan stunts, which by the way weren't very nice, towards everyone associated with the U of U. The thing he didn't think about is that he represents BYU.  He also forgets that several of his church leaders are University of Utah fans. As much as you want to say he was justified because of the way his family was treated and because he is just another athlete - he wasn't.  When he signed on the dotted line to attend BYU he also agreed to their honor code.  His behavior does not exemplify the school he attends or the people who founded it.  I wonder how much the coaches feed into that behavior?  I feel sorry for BYU, Max gives them a bad name when he spouts off like that. I feel sorry for Max - he invites a lot of the negative attention he gets with his comments.   Instead of the focus being on their win, it is now turned to him and his comments.

Today, has been a true mixture of emotions. Ralph was released from his Bishop calling today. I am so glad to have him home with me.   There were a lot of comments about us changing wards.  I don't want to.  Life is so up in the air.  We could be moving.  Last we heard, the new buyer was supposed to close on the loan and purchase tomorrow.  So who knows what could happen from here.  It just feels like everything in life is so unsure right now. 

I'm a mess!  Well, like my brother said...You do all you can and then put the rest in the Lords hands.  Enough said
Ta Ta for now
Smiley from millan.net

No comments: