Saturday, November 21, 2009

Where did last week go?

I can't believe it...Smiley from millan.net I am sitting at my compter a week later and haven't been able to get a blog entry done before now. I am in the middle of studying for my Sunday School lesson and actually needed a break.  I have had lots of thoughts and things to share, but none of them ever translated into a blog entry.  Everything from feeling blue, to its beginning to look a lot like Christmas too early for me.  We were supposed to have a bunch of snow this weekend.  Looks like the storm stayed north.  We will see what the weather brings tomorrow.

I went to the last home game for my football team.  Go Utes!  I am always sad to see our seniors go.  You could tell they were preparing for our game next week against the TDS (team down south)  It was a good game - we won.  It was so cold.  I am just now feeling like I am warming up.  Ralph was unable to go due to another ankle injury. (not the same ankle)  Needless to say he is pretty frustrated with himself.  I thought I was the klutz in our little family?  Ok - I need to honest here...I have a big old scrape on my back from trying to get out of our back gate without Riley.  It truly stung!  I guess we are both just a couple of bumbling klutz's
Smiley from millan.net

It was a weird week last week, and I am just glad it is over.  It seemed like there were things always going on, but I couldn't tell you what I have been up to, and I have nothing to show for it.  I have punched some ovals from paper to get into the mail on Monday.
 
I am already tired of all the Christmas commercials.  Buy, Buy, Buy.  When I take Riley for his walks, I noticed that there are several houses that have all their decorations up.  I understand the excitement for the holidays and the merryment, but I think it is way overdone!  What ever happened to being Thankful for what we have and this great country we live in, appreciating all the sacrifices those people made to have a new life for themselves and how much I have benefitted from them and from my heritage.

The calendar for December is quickly filling up.  Yikes!  Lots of social activities.  I think we will be ready for a break when Christmas rolls around.  Well my head feels heavy - I am tired, so enough for today.  Ta ta for now.
Millan.net

1 comment:

marlene said...

Poor Ralph ! and I would agree we all have are own klutz moment I hope he is doing better fast. yea for the ovals! thanks, I am glad you had time to joint a few things down down. have a great thanksgiving!