Sunday, April 21, 2024

Monday Montage 259 - Country Birdhouse


My mom has this cute little ornamental birdhouse that she hung from the roof edge off the deck of the house.  These cute little wrens decided to make a home out of it.  It is so fun to get a peak inside during the spring and see those cute little babies.



The Country Birdhouse is a sneak peak stamp set and dies from the new catalog.  I wasn't overly interested until my friend Bree created such a cute card with this bundle go check it out!  I then had to have it.  It is also inspiration for my card today.

I wanted to create an effect of a birdhouse hanging from a tree full of foliage using drizzling droplets stamp and quickly found out it sort of swallowed my image.  I couldn't quickly come up with a quick alternative that I liked, so I stuck with it.


I stamped a mirror image of my little bird using a window sheet, so that I could put a cute little female (my brother calls them drab little birds because they are always brown) and the brightly colored male on the outside with the flowers. 

The lazuli bunting is colored in azure afternoon, boho blue, crumb cake, peach pie and pumpkin pie,  The flowers are real red, flirty flamingo, calypso coral and bubble bath.

I love seeing all the things spring brings to life!

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to Click next to see what Dani has created



1 comment:

brrenwick said...

All of the birds at your mom's house are the best! I could sit out on the deck for hours watching them. This is a beautiful card!