Saturday, September 1, 2018

We Create Fall Blog Hop


There are a few things that come to my mind when I think of fall which is my favorite season of the year.  First and foremost...

Football - Go Utes
View image on Twitter


State Fair which opens this weekend
Image result for utah state fair


and Apples which we used to pick and press into cider,
Image result for pressing apples into cider

Of course there are many other things like colored leaves, dropping temperatures from scorching summer heat, back to school supplies and these yellow sunflowers that are everywhere.

My BFF Wendy Weixler and I often go for walks in the evening to make up for some silly step bet one or both of us has committed to.  We came upon this patch of flowers that looked so pretty.  Fortunately, Wendy always has her phone out and she captured this, which is the inspiration for my card today.
Image may contain: flower, plant, sky, outdoor, nature and text

I used the Painted Harvest Stamp Set.  It is backed with the Buffalo Check Background stamp and bordered with the lace dies.  The sentiment is from Waterfront stamp set and accented with a bow from the linen thread.  Nothing quite like the real thing but I wouldn't mind getting this in the mail.


Next stop is Jeanna Bohanon.


Photobucket

5 comments:

libbystamps said...

One of my favorite stamp sets!

Tanya said...

This is beautiful! I love the gingham with the sunflowers, and I love how they pop against the black!

Tricia Butts said...

Love the check background and the lace detail along the edge. The sunflowers are beautiful and really pop against the background. Great Fall card. :)

SeeJulieStamp said...

I love how the buffalo check looks with the flowers. I just got this set and I love how it is so versatile and works with just about any color combo.

KilkennyVFX said...

Love the black and white buffalo check! Your sunflowers are beautiful. What a great Fall card!