Wednesday, August 1, 2018

We Create Summer Blog Hop

Summer is flying by.  I learned a song in my younger days in Primary at my Ward/Church.  It was called Oh what do you do in the Summer time when all the world is green. Then it proceeds to list all the fun things you do like swim, fish, swing, watch the clouds float by, drink lemonade, or march in parades.  I am typing this up and listening to the crickets outside, with a very slight breeze coming in the window.  All the things I love about summer!!!!  

Of course adulting in the summer includes stuff like canning.  Ralph and I did 34 quarts pickles and many pints of red current jelly.  Tomato products scheduled for August.

For my project I tried to capture the swinging way up high. I think maybe my colors slightly drifted to fall, but green and brown are what trees are made of.  I inked the leaf image in granny apple green and then used a dauber to add the shaded spruce so that it wasn't all one color.  I used markers for the swing.  I didn't get a great image the first time on the swing and since I used my Stamparatus I was able to reink the stamp and stamp the image again exactly where it had been before.  (( still want to call it a Stampasaurus))  If you don't have one...you NEED one.
Do you ever show someone your cute homemade card and the first thing they do after looking at the front is open it to see what is inside?  It happens to me all the time, so I decided to start adding a inside panel just for the lookers and it helps the card be completed for use.


Stamps - Sheltering Tree and Around the Corner
Ink - Early Espresso, Granny Apple Green, Shaded Spruce, Real Red Marker. Crumb Cake, Basic Black
Paper - Whisper White, Granny Apple Green, Early Espresso and Natures Poem DSP
Accessories - Linen Thread  ( I really need to invest in some current embellishments :) )

Go check out Jeanna's creations...


Photobucket

6 comments:

Kris Kilkenny said...

I've never heard that song but I think I would love it!! Your card is so pretty with the Granny Apple Green and the contrast in the leaves. The "hello there" corner stamp really adds a nice touch, doesn't it! I'm going to start doing the inside of my cards too. I never really thought about that before, but people really do immediately open it to see what's on the inside. What a great summer card!

SeeJulieStamp said...

Great card! I too have been trying to do more with the inside and also stamp the back. They also turn it over. Thanks for sharing!

Tanya said...

This is perfect. Looks exactly like a summer day to me! And that song is a great source of inspiration! Love it!
I agree- I'm trying to decorated the insides too! :)

Jeanna Bohanon said...

Oh, I dream of trees big enough to hang a swing from! This card transports me back to my Granny's front yard. She had the best tree swing. Thank you!

Studio Shabaz - CreativeMe68 said...

I love this set and what you have done with it... I want to swing on that seat
Cheers Shaz

Tricia Butts said...

Beautiful card design. How wonderful to be able to swing under that beautiful tree on a beautiful sunny day. :)