Monday, August 16, 2010

I am not getting old I am just getting "Seasoned"

10 lessons learned - so far.  actually there are a lot more - but I am sharing these today,  It was actually kind of hard to narrow down to 10, but I did not want to put you through such a big list.
1.  That my most wonderful husband can continue to be even better looking, kinder, more wonderful, more loving and all of the other things that I adored, thirteen years after the day we married.
2.  Parents know way more than you think they do. &  Family is the most important - keep those communication lines open.
3.  Take lots of pictures - you will be glad you did.  Those memories are priceless!
4. That some things in life hurt more than words can describe but trust and faith in a loving Heavenly Father can bring me through it all and I am a better person for each and every hurt.
5. That being a grown-up isn't anything like I expected it to be when I was a teen.  
6. That some people in life can be counted on no matter what.  And not to be disappointed by people who can't be. Just lower my expecations and love them anyway.
7. You don't need as much money as you think.
8.  You can only blame your situation in life on others for a very short time - take ownership of your choices and actions.
9.  Take time to enjoy God's creations - and have fun.  Life is supposed to bring Joy
10.  Life...It is not all about You and what you achieve it is also about what you do for others and how you serve.

Joseph B. Wirthlin once said...."I urge you to examine your life. Determine where you are and what you need to do to be the kind of person you want to be. Create inspiring, noble, and righteous goals that fire your imagination and create excitement in your heart. And then keep your eye on them. Work consistently towards achieving them."

No comments: