Monday, February 8, 2010

Football and stuff

I am staying home from work today.  Not really playing hookie.  I have a cold - that I have been trying to fight off, but it has over taken me as of this morning.  So, while I am not sharing my cold with my co-workers I can alleviate some of my stresses by working on the packing - with what little energy I have.

It turned out that watching the neices and nephews on Saturday was a welcome break to packing.  Ralph and I were tired at the end of the day so it was a great excuse to quit for a while.  We had pizza and watched the 2nd Night at the Museum movie.  The kids were great!

Yesterday we went up to one of Ralph's brothers homes to watch the superbowl.  We had a great time and way yummy food.  We all brought up our dogs to play together and that was kind of funny.  Riley let the two younger dogs know that he wanted to be in charge.  Once they accepted that the evening went fine.  They loved to chase the ball.  There was a coon hound there that kept dragging the little Australian collie around by its collar/neck.  Kind of funny, but not really.  Behavior issues up the wazzoo with that one. 

So, I thought it would be nice if the Saints won the game, based on the fact that they haven't ever won the superbowl.  But when I remembered that Austin Collie played for the Colts, there was no way I could support him getting a superbowl ring his first year of playing pro-ball.  So I became even more invested in the Saints winning the football game.  They did it!  Yay! Yay! Yay!Millan.net

Well - I guess I better get a few things done before run out of energy and have to crash for the day.   I will leave you with our recipe for

Buffalo chicken dip -
•2-3 large chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
•1 cup of ranch dressing or blue cheese dresssing
•1 cup of Franks Original Red Hot (do not substitute this please)
•1 8 oz block of cream cheese (do not use fat free, 1/3rd less fat OK)
•2 cups of shredded cheese - any blend of cheese you like.
•Green onions (optional)

•mix together the cream cheese, dressing, hot sauce, and shredded cheese - add the shredded chicken. Spread into an 11 x 7 pyrex baking dish and put into a 375 F oven for 20-30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Garnish with green onions and serve with celery sticks and slices of toasted bagette or crackers.

No comments: