Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Resolutions

Do you make resolutions?  I don't necessarily use January as a goal setting month.  I try to set goals for myself  throughout the whole year.  One thing January brings that is frustrating to me is the attendence at the gym doubles for about 2 to 3 months and then it tapers off.  So unless I go at odd hours or show up way early in the morning, I have to wait for an exercise machine. 

Here is a top ten list I found on the internet (seriously you can find anything on the internet!)
Most Popular New Year's Resolutions of 2010
110,623 people have made 253,162 resolutions. Here are the most popular:

1.lose weight 2616 people
2.be happy 1698 people
3.Fall in love 1314 people
4.get a job 1298 people
5.travel 923 people
6.Quit Smoking 745 people
7.get married 613 people
8.love 580 people
9.find love 554 people
10.lose my virginity 529 people

Not really surprising, but not very original. I would place bets that Lose weight is the top item every year.

This year I have started a list of things I would like to do during my lifetime.  Not a bucket list, but a dream list.  I have to admit that I had a hard time starting my list.  Our resources have been so limited that my current goals have been to get through to the next month.  This list has been kind of fun to think about.  I also have listed some things I need to apply more of my time doing.  Some of the things I have listed I probably won't ever get accomplished, but it is fun to think I might.  Here are a few...

I think it would be fun to perform in a concert playing Handel's Messiah singing or fluting. 
I would love to go on a week long backpacking trip in the wilderness. 
I want to go back to Great Britain - spend some more time touring the country and getting to know my extended family. 
I want to own my own home with a fabulous kitchen. 
I want to learn how to speak Italian fluently. 
I want to be a Mom! 
Go on a mission for the LDS Church
See a play on Broadway
Complete my college education
Have a moment so romantic - it brings tears to my eyes
Fly first class
Learn to figure skate (ha ha ha)
Win a Stampin Up contest
Spend a few nights in a hotel's Penthouse Suite
Learn to Hula - beautifully
Go to a Utah Bowl Game
Test drive a Ferrari or Lamborghini
Hike the Nepali coast

And so on....

I hope as you think about what you would like to accomplish in this 2010 year, that everyone tries to be a little nicer, and each of us try to make each day a little better than the day before.
Ta Ta for now.
Smiley from millan.net

No comments: