Friday, October 23, 2009

Too Much On My Plate

Ok - still need to get pictures up and I haven't had time to sit down and figure it out.  Be patient I will get there.  My goal for next week in a blog banner and pictures.  I also need to certify on the "My Design Studio" software from Stampin UP.  It is their debut digital scrapbooking program which does oh so much more than just scrapbooking.

I had my evening pretty much planned out until Ralph called to tell me that we had been invited to celebrate my nephews B-day with the family.  Well there goes a good hour and a half of my evening.  That is ok because family is the most important and actually who really wants to clean house.  We had a good time seeing the family.  Grandma always makes, at the request of her grandchildren, "Aunt Vinnies Chocolate Cake"  the frosting flavors change between vanilla and chocolate, but it is always covered in gummi bears.  I think the cake recipe will be passed down for generations.    My nephew was so excited - he got these really cool night vision goggles.  Which by the way Santa could bring a pair of those to my house for Christmas.  He also got a bicycle and other goodies.  Way cool for his 6 year birthday.

Before leaving for the birthday party, we had leftovers for dinner again.  Ok... for the record I am usually not a leftovers person.  I am ok to eat the dish one more time, but then lets move on.  Ralph made a huge pot of Chicken Noodle Soup which tasted so good.  I have actually handled it for three dinners in a row and I am not tired of it.  There is still enough for two more meals, but I think I will freeze the rest.  Last night...I had one of my favorites - homemade chicken noodle soup over mashed potatoes.  Talk about total comfort food.  If you haven't tried it - you should!  If you think I am crazy, just google it.  I think Rachel Ray did one of  her 30 minute meals showcasing the yummy dish.  I know, I know I should be freaking out because of all the carbs - but it isn't something you eat everyday.  ; )

I was working on sorting out the "crap room" last night after we got home from the party.  Needless to say I am not finished, but what has been done will suffice.  As I was sorting through some boxes, I found a binder that I kept all of my Dads letters he sent to me while I was away from home.  I am so glad I saved them.  I read through several and skimmed through most.  I really miss my dad.  He always provided such great counsel in them and always told me how much he loved me.  He is my hero!

Well, if I make it through today with my sanity in check, it will be a miracle.  I already have a cold sore from my elevated stress level this week.  Lets hope my body keeps up the battle and I contract nothing worse.  The last thing I would need is a cold or the flu.  At least I have been getting 7 hours of sleep at night.  I still need to vacuum, dust, and clean bathrooms.  I have people coming over to play with paper and stamps.  I have lots of paper cutting to do for tomorrows Super Saturday.  I realized I am all but out of white cardstock.  I will have to send Ralph out on a few errands.  He is my lifesaver!    Lots to do.  Have a great day! Ta ta for now.

No comments: