Monday, October 26, 2009

Food your mama used to make.

I am so tired.  Allison showed up right on time today to pick me up for work.  I was still in my skivvies when the doorbell rang.  I threw on some clothes and ran down the stairs so I could at least tell her to give me a couple minutes.  Poor Riley, he was so surprised by my quick exit, he couldn't even bark at me as I ran down the stairs without him.  Well, I show up at work and realize that I grabbed a shirt that was headed for the laundry.  Oops.  I really should have taken Ralph up on staying home today.  Nothing that a good old Dr. Pepper can't cure at least for a few hours.

Tonight we are hosting FHE at our house.  The theme we chose was to bring your favorite food that your mama used to make.  Well, I decided that I can't afford to feed everyone roast beef w/yorkshire puddings.  Mom's egg custard is always so creamy, but I need to make something more substantive that that.  I love her pineapple shrimp salad, but I don't think my FHE group has earned shrimp salad status.  So I turned to Ralph - what did your mom make that you love?  We have opted for a creamy macaroni and cheese.  That should go over well with most and it is easy and tastes good.  So now I pose the question to you.  What was your favorite dish your Mom used to make or still does for that matter?  I could make a big list.  Mom is such a good cook.

Scripture of the Week...
Matthew 6:34
Take therefore no thought for the morrow:  for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself.  Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Well, I have lots of work to get through today.  Have a great day! Ta ta for now.

No comments: