Thursday, June 23, 2011

New Diggs

So while I was in GV visiting my Mom over Memorial Day weekend she took me into "town" to show me the changes that had taken place.  There is a brand new library, and the little shop there in the center of town is moving into a much bigger facility,.  The pictures were taken from my front seat of the cars, so they are not great, but gives you the idea.

This is the old Crouch Merc still in use and will be converted to something once the grocery portion moves to it's new facility
 New Store - I am not sure what it will be called, but so much more of a selection.   The prices have been reasonable too - maybe not so many trips to Boise when it gets finished.

 Old Library - completely boarded up.  Lots of childhood memories in that old building
.New Library - This is a sweet new facility.  Not a great selection of books, but they can order any book in that you want to read.  They also have a great community/meeting room that can be used.  A great kids section.  What I liked most was the two big leather couches by a big old fireplace.  I could totally see myself hunkered down for some quiet time and a good book.






I also have new Diggs for work.  We are hopefully in our final resting place.  It is nice and hopefully will stay that way as they continue to hire new people.  If you click on the picture you can see my Thor cup right in front of my CPU.  LOL

We spent half of Friday and half of Monday moving.  The last half of Monday and all of Tuesday our main computer system broke, so they sent us home early on Tuesday so that we didn't have to sit at our desks and twiddle our thumbs.  Those moving days were unique as we got to wear jeans to pack up and unpack our things.  My honest opinion is that dresses are more comfortable.  Now....I have a lot of catching up to do.  Month end reports are right around the corner.  YIKES!


Ta Ta for now
Photobucket

1 comment:

Wendy Weixler said...

I NEEDS me a Thor cup ... better yet??? A whole freakin' Thor POSTER!!! Sigh ... we should definitely walk on the track at West ... :)