Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I feel sick!

Yesterday as I was going about my work assignments, my immediate supervisor told me she would be bringing her bugle mixture for treats tomorrow.  I am thinking to myself..."Self, there is no way you are going to want to stick with your diet tomorrow"  On the way home yesterday, I told Ralph we needed to postpone our diet "cleanse" day because I wouldn't be able to stick to the regimen with the treats hanging around the office.  And...after the treats - I will need a cleanse day.

The salty sweet combo is irresisitable.  Normally - my will power can get me through days with yummy treats hanging around. But my boss doesn't bring the bugle treats in very often.  If I didn't get any the day she brings them in - then I would probably have to wait until Christmas.  There was no way I was going to do that!  So I have planned ahead.  I had my healthy breakfast and I have planned a tomato sandwhich for lunch.  That doesn't seem like much...but I know that after I have a handful of bugle treats I won't want anything else.

Sure enough it has hit 10:00 AM -I have had one good size handfull and I feel gross.  (Serves me right!) I have my big glass of water by my side and I know that my sandwhich and walk during lunch will save me!  The picture isn't that great (taken with my cell) but I am telling you, If you make these - you will have friends for life.  If you don't share them - I guarantee you will feel the sugar overload "sick" feeling. 
Smiley from millan.net

Bugle Treats

Cook to soft ball stage:
2 Cups Brown Sugar
1 Cup Butter
1 Cup Light Karo Syrup
1 14 oz. Can Sweetened Condensed Milk

Pour over:
3-4 Small Packages of Bugles
3-4 Cups Peanuts


ENJOY! (Yes Wendy...I am blogging during work hours - just wanted to share)
Photobucket

1 comment:

Wendy Weixler said...

Shameshameshame!!! I'm reporting you to your supervisor AND to the Diet Police!! How funny!! I just got finished eat my sugar free Jello ... yum ... SIGH ... :)