Thursday, September 23, 2010

Happy Birthday & Guilty Pleasures

Well it is another day to celebrate a birthday.  My aunt is having a birthday as well as my SIL who lives in WA.  Here is the card I put in the mail on Tuesday for my SIL.  Hopefully she will get it by today. 
One of her favorite colors is pink - so I thought I would give it a whirl.  Don't you just love this image.   She is so cute.  The inside reads "just thinking of you on your birthday"

This week has been jam packed with "stuff" going on.  Besides having to be at work everyday...
  • I had to attend a meeting down at the Tabernacle on Tuesday. The topic was scouting and the new Duty to God program.  The flyers the ward received designated that primary presidents needed to be there.  I tried to get out of going, because I knew based on the other information given on the flyer - I wouldn't need to be there.  Plus - I hate extra meetings.  The counselor in the bishopric guilted me into going saying "that we have been asked to be there and that is why we go".  I went and sure enough I was right - nothing presented was applicable to my calling.  However I don't like to be a "negative nellie" so I found things that would work for me personally that were presented.  Avid scouters can be real scarry sometimes.
  • My VT came over last night.  I always enjoy visiting with her.  She is a lot of fun. 
  • Tonight I have my presidency meeting - whew the Primary program is Sunday and I have to do a little blurb to introduce it. 
  • Date night on Friday as well as finishing my prep for my stamping group. 
  • I think Ralph is also planning on doing some kind of pickles on Saturday as well as my stamp club and a football game in the evening.  We are playing San Jose.  Should be a fun time.
Always something going on - I guess that is the way I like it.

Guilty pleasure...last night we watched the season opener of NCIS (comcast on demand) as well as a new Ghost Hunters.  I also worked on getting the paper cut for my class this weekend.  We are going to do a couple of cards and one of those cute candy wrappers, Halloween style.   I love to spend evenings that way.  Another guilty pleasure...most of my Fall/Halloween decorations are up.  I love them.  Ralph allowed it on the condition I get rid of my favorite pair of shorts at the end of "short wearing season".  They are way to big for me, but I just can't seem to part with them.  He wears shorts all year so based on his calendar I should get to keep them right?  Another guilty pleasure...I get to go to lunch tomorrow at Jimmy Johns.  I love their sandwiches.  Hopefully I will be able to make a smart choice diet wise.  Sometimes those Itallian meats call my name!  Maybe I can just put another hour of exercise in.  LOL You are thinking yeah right -when would you do that.

Work to be done so, Ta Ta for now
Photobucket

1 comment:

Wendy Weixler said...

Hate to admit I watched the season premiere of Glee (but I DIDN'T have any circus peanuts!) ....