Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Carb Table

Yes, I meant Carb, not card. During the December month fellow team members sign up for a specific day to bring treats for everyone on our floor. Usually 6 to 8 people sign up on any given day. We have had all kinds of goodies. Healthy apples, oranges and veggie trays, home made candies, cookies, chips & salsa - etc. I think you get my point. The table has been nicknamed the CARB Table.


Today the carb table was loaded to the hilt. One thing that caught my eye was not only the seven layer bean dip which I love, but a can of Easy Cheese. You know…the stuff that squirts out of a can. I pride myself on being a cheese purist. I only eat the real stuff and none of this vegetable oil and milk stuff. Every once in a while I suffer a lapse in judgment and succumb to the Velveeta or in this case a can of Easy Cheese. I admit it…I love squirt cheese. I used to take it on road trips because it was convenient and not messy. So today, I have had my taste of squirt cheese and loved it. I probably won’t east processed cheese again for a long time. (ok maybe at the Super Bowl party – but not because I brought it to the party)

BYU plays in their Las Vegas Bowl game tonight. I wish them luck. They will need it against the Rodger boys. It should be a good game.

I have attempted to make home made caramels – not having the best of luck. Let me say that they do come out tasting great, but they are too firm. I want them to be softer, but not too soft. I don’t know if it is my candy thermometer or the pan I cooked them in, but they aren’t turning out. BOO! So instead of making them again…I will make my notes and try again next year.

Lot of things still to do – so I will sign off for now with a recipe I found on one of the many cooking blogs I frequent. The Open Pantry  These are easy and yummy – who can go wrong with cheese, bacon and tomato?

BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken Wraps


Chicken Tenders
Bacon
Lettuce, torn and washed
Tomatoes, sliced
Red Onion, thinly sliced
Shredded Cheddar Cheese or Shredded Cheese Blend
BBQ Sauce
Mayonnaise
Tortilla's or favorite flavored wrap

1. Wrap each chicken tender in one strip of bacon. Cook over medium heat in a skillet until the bacon is crispy and the chicken is cooked through.
2. Mix 1 part mayo to 1/2 part BBQ sauce. Warm up tortillas and spread BBQ/Mayo sauce on each. Layer sauce, cheese, tomato slices, lettuce, red onion and then bacon wrapped chicken tenders on top of tortilla. (Two chicken tenders per wrap is plenty!) Drizzle with additional sauce if desired. Roll up and enjoy!

Ta Ta for now!
Millan.net

No comments: