Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentines in the mail

Snail Mail that is.  I am doing everything I can to keep the US post office in business.  Apparently they have posted another loss for January - not because of me.   Anyway...here is one of the cards that got mailed today.

I have seen this bear used to string up all kinds of goodies - so this is not my original idea, but a cute one none the less. The card was thrown together at 10:30 ish last night because I needed to get it in the mail today in order for it to reach it's destination by Monday.  (coloring done with a blender pen - didn't turn out so great in the picture - looks ok IRL)

Stamps - Under the stars, well scripted
Ink - Black Stazon, chocolate chip, early espresso, soft suede
Paper - chocolate chip, Valentines Bundle DSP, real red, whisper white
Accessories - small heart punch, linen thread, three heart punch

More valentine projects will be posted between now and Monday.  Two more cards to make and several cookie boxes. 

I had the opportunity to participate in a Focus group at Stampin UP - I went with my BFF Wendy (she is so much fun to hang with) and we got see some fun stuff.  Can you beleive they are planning a year in advance.  Wowsers.  The Stampin Up building just exudes "fun".   You walk in a say...gee I would love to work here.  I imagine that your work would still turn into a J-O-B then again maybe not.  Playing with paper, stamps and ink 8 hours a day may not be such a bad idea.  I do get a free stamp set out of the deal.  Made it worth taking the morning off to hang with my friend talking about some of our favorite things.

Mom is here for a visit.  YAY!  We have all kinds of plans - catching up on sleep is at the top of the list for some.   We plan on doing some geneology work, window shopping, hair coloring, reading, cooking, eating, exercising because we ate, and temple attendance.  Good times. 

Since their arrival Ralph & I have been taken off the top of Riley's favorite list by a little black dog named Millie Pups - she puts up with Riley, barely, and all he just wants is to play with her.  He wouldn't even stick around for his morning belly scratch before he had to go check on Millie.  He usually loves to ride in the car to drop me off at work but as soon as we came outside he completely emptied his bladder in one spot (not usual for a boy doggy) and pulled on his leash to go back into the house.  He had no interest in coming with me.  He would rather have stayed home to play with Millie.  Where's the LOVE????

Ta Ta for now
Photobucket

2 comments:

Wendy Weixler said...

Yesterday WAS fun ... and SO is this card!!! Sorry you got demoted behind Millie ... ahhh, the life of a dog!! :)

marlene said...

I love that card and it looks like Paul It looks like you have a good verity of things to do with mom i hope you guys have a great time