Friday, July 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Dear Dad

For your birthday... I would sing you a song, invite as many family members as we could to your party becausebeing around your family always made you happy.  I would take you fishing, fix your hooks and any knots that somehow showed up on your line.  I would hold your hand and walk with you at what ever speed you could handle.  I would fix you one of your favorite meals - fried shrimp, fresh garden tomatoes, cucumbers and onions in vinegar,corn on the cob smothered in butter, seasoned salt and pepper, a slice of watermelon with a scoop of ice cream and home made cookies.  I would ask you to tell me one more time about how you put the smoke bomb into some ole guys pick up - or about the stunts you and Marlo would pull.  I would play the piano or my flute for you - not that my skills are great - but you wouldn't care.  I love you so much and I have such great memories of our times spent together.  I miss you terribly!!!
I know you are doing great things where you are - and I know that one day we will see each other again.  Until then...
Love your Dolly
No Conditions Ever!
xoxoxo

1 comment:

marlene said...

that picture makes me happy I am so lucky to have married into the Gardner family!the first thing I thought of was dad saying "how you doing" with his cute smile! love you cheryl