Thursday, July 29, 2010

All good things must come to an end

I took some time off from work to go on a little road trip to Idaho with Ralph over the 4th of July holiday.  Before I go any further - I took my camera but failed to use it.Smiley from  So there won't be any pictures detailing the excursion.

We had such a good time.  First of all a big shout out to my SIL and BIL for letting us use their vehicle.  It means a lot to me to be able to visit and since our car is still sick - only good for short quick jaunts - we are at the mercy of our generous family.

We spent the first night at my brother's - and can I just say - he makes THE best pizza I have ever had.  I have got to learn his technique.  The only problem is that then I would need to eat it and I still am motivated to stay on track with my weight loss goals - so maybe not this week.  We went to church at his ward.  The Relief Society President gave my Mom and I a little bag with a couple of chocolate kisses with a scripture on it referencing strangers being friends.  I left mine in my Mothers purse - so I don't have the exact reference, but what a special way to make guests feel welcome.  Sunday School rarely impresses me and this was no difference.  Sacrament Mtg - was fast and testimony meeting.  Lot of kids got up to bear their testimonies.  While I don't want to discourage this - I agree with Elder Oaks that kids should bear their testimonies at home until they are of age to really share what they believe.

Sunday afternoon we drove to GV where we spent the rest of the day.  We had a great 4th of July dinner - steak, oven fries, green beans, salad, cheese cake.  We enjoyed spending time relaxing the afternoon away. 
Monday - we drove to Stanley - to visit the sawtooths.  This is another one of my absolute favorite places.  Truly Gods country.  Not a great picture, taken with a cell phone.  We had a great picnic lunch with all my favorites - Crispy baguette, lunch meat, cheese, veggies, dip, chips, fruit.  We played in the water with Lucy - my adopted doggie. Riley made great strides with his "water" issues. (Although I don't think they stuck as he still walks around the sprinklers and puddles) We thought it was a great idea to head to the fish hatchery.  We saw lots of King Salmon as the run had just started.  It was fun to watch them climb the lockes.  We stopped for an ice cream bar and a diet coke for the trip home.  It was a fun time for all.

The rest of the week we spent the mornings helping clean up my Moms yard and the afternoons were spent napping, watching movies, doing puzzles, reading - really enjoying ourselves.  The time went quickly and as the title say's it was time to head back to reality...The weeds in the family garden, work and everyday stuff and my Stampin UP Convention was right around the corner.  I was so happy to be able to go and have the time to spend with my Mom, Ralph and my brother.

Ta Ta for now
Smiley from

1 comment:

marlene said...

the only problem was I didn't get to spend to with you! I am glad you were able to come and play in Idaho!