Saturday, March 6, 2010

The weekend is upon us

One thing I love about the weekends is being able to sleep in. I am not talking 10:00, 11:00 or even 12:00. I mean like 8:00 a.m. and then snoozing another 30 to 45 minutes. Waking up with natural light coming into the bedroom and snuggling under the covers with my two favorite people. (ok, Riley is not a people but I am counting him as one) This morning did not turn out that way.

I got up bright and early to head to a Stampin UP demonstator meeting - starting at 8:30 a.m. I was bringing the treats and picking up a couple of projects done by demos not able to attend. I always have such a great time with these ladies. Very dear friends. We swapped a couple of projects at the meeting. Here are mine...
This first project was a challenge given to us to use purple and yellow. I think I did ok considering all my stamps and ink are still in boxes and bins.  I love this card and will probably use the idea for several color combinations and sentiments.  It makes me happy.  The colors don't look the greatest in the picture - but you work with what you've got.
Stamps:  Whimsical words - Sale a bration 2010
Ink: Versamark
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Elegant Eggplant, Lovely Lilac, Very Vanilla, Summer Sun, So Saffron DSP
Accessories:  Vanilla grosgrain, Birds & Blooms Sizzlits die, vanilla embossing powder, heat gun, glue dots.
The next project comes with one of the demos in our group asking for a new ideas for dinner.  Well, as you know this is one of my favorites (recipe found here)  We were supposed to bring our favorite recipe to our next meeing.  I suggested doing it in a 6x6 format so that I could put it into a book and not only appreciate the food, but the handiwork that accompanies it.  With Stamps still inboxes, I thought the apron would be cute and was easy to come up with and put together.    
Paper:  Real Red, Textured Basic Black, Whisper White 
Accessories:  Eyelet border punch, Large Oval punch, Red striped grosgrain ribbon
I did not get to bed last night until 2:00 a.m.  Because I was working on these projects and fixing home made apple fritters to take to meeting in the morning. When the alarm went off at 7:00 I was not ready to get up.  But duty called and off I went - all wheels running.  I feel like I have hit the wall - I have no energy to do anything.  What a SLUG!Smiley from millan.net  Only the vacuuming and dusting will get done today.  Unfortunately, when I find myself back at my desk on Monday, I will wonder what happened to my Saturday.
Smiley from millan.netC'est la vie!

No comments: