Thursday, March 18, 2010

March Madness and a funny

Do you have your brackets filled out? I do! I love this time of year. A time when I get so easily distracted by good spring weather and some good basketball. To be honest, I really haven’t followed any of the teams this year. There is just something exciting about filling out those brackets and watching the games. ‘Cos anything could happen.  Based on the way today went that goes without question.  BYU won their game - in two overtimes.  Villanova barely won theirs - in overtime.  I think they can thank the refs for that win.

I have been prepping for my stamp class coming up this weekend and in the midst of that I made a birthday card for my co-workers wife. He requested an all pink flowery card. Knowing that she is a girly girl I put this together. I was worried that it might be too elegant and not whimsical enough which seems to be her style. Oh well – he has the option of using it or ditching it. I liked it.
Stamps – Vintage Vogue, Well Scripted
Paper – Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Certainly Celery
Ink – Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo
Accessories – Basket Weave border punch (MS), Pearl accents, opal stickles, swiss dot embossing folder, flower border embossing folder, sizzix leaf die.

In our neighborhood we don't get a lot of little kids selling stuff for their schools or organizations.  It just so happened, that just outside of a local grocery store, there was a girl scout with her mother selling her wares.  I could not resist.  I bought thin mints and do-si-dos.  The bad thing is that it is so easy to devour a sleeve of cookies without realizing you've done it.  You reach for your next cookie and realize their gone.  OOPS!  Good thing I walked today.  It reminded me of a sketch Brian Regan does regarding the serving size of a fig newton.  2 Cookies????

Too funny - I know!

Well - best be getting a move on or I will be up all night.

No comments: