Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day, Dad


Even though my Dad is no longer physically with me, his spirit and example will be with me forever.
I had a dream just the other night about camping with Dad.  Such good times and memories.   Oh how I wish we could go just one more time.  He and Mom have always been my best cheerleader.

I was thinking about some of the things he taught me.  I could never name them all, but here are a few, in no particular order....


  • Righty tighty Lefty Loosey
  • The best things in life are the simple things
    • fresh garden corn and tomatoes
    • a slice of watermelon
    • fishing on the shore of a mountain lake or bank or the river
    • Hugs
    • being tucked in at night
    • a good joke
    • a wild flower
  • If you take care of your "things" they will last a long time
  • TV is a waste of time when you could be working on your hobbies
  • Count, Count Count.  Music...its all about the numbers
  • Music is not all about numbers - feel and emote
  • Home Made is the best
  • As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord
  • Be honest in all your dealings
  • Family is important - take care of them
  • We are blessed to be American - Be Proud of it and don't waste your privileges
  • Always do your best and believe in yourself
  • Work Hard
  • Be aware of those that have less then you and be willing to share and give
  • Honor your heritage.
  • How to tie a fisherman's knot
  • How to roll a sleeping bag up so tight it will fit back into it's original cover
  • A Sunday Afternoon nap is good for the soul
  • How to shoot a rifle and hit the target
  • If you are quiet, you can see and hear a lot more things.
  • Chores First - Play second
  • A can of peanuts or bag of chips helps take care of the munchies
 I am sure there are more and I could go on for quite some time.  Although, at this time, I don't have children, I would hope when my opportunity comes that I will be able to be as good of a parent as he was.  Happy Father's Day Dad!
Photobucket

No comments: