Thursday, June 12, 2014

Distractions


Do you ever find yourself faced with a task that you really don't want to do?  It happens to me all the time.  At this point, my mind tends to start looking for all the things I would rather be doing.   It can't be anything too big or you would be blatantly procrastinating.  These are the top 10 distractions (in no particular order) that are pretty consistent in delaying what really needs to be done.
  • Baking/Eating
  • Facebooking/blog hopping
  • Pinning on Pinterest
  • Planning my next paper crafting project/browse the Stampin Up Catalog
  • Playing games on my computer or phone
  • Reading
  • Sitting down to watch "just 10 minutes" of a PBS mystery or mindless movie
  • Call a friend
  • Playing with the dogs
  • Planning my next vacation - regardless of whether I am going or not

This week so far, I have finished a book and a card for my Mum's B-day (which should have gone in the mail last week,   I think this is evidence that the must do/need to do project is icky!

This book is the first in a series called Cobbled Court Quilts.

It is about a southern Texas Gal that has recently divorced and her attempt to put her life back together.  The book does not provide "new" plot material, but it just felt good to have a book that didn't end up being over dramatic or depressing.  I especially appreciated the absence of foul language and gratuitous sex scenes.  The overall message of the book is friendship, don't be so quick to judge and the support you get from your family & friend circle.  I am excited to read the next one in the series.

The card I created for my Mum was inspired/cased from Elizabeth Bellville from my Positive Inkers Group.  I have seen several similar designs on Pinterest - the hardwood stamp just screams out for flowers, insect accents and cheerful greetings.


Stamps - A Round Array, Polka Dot Pieces, Hardwood
Ink - Lost Lagoon, Hello Honey
Paper - Lost Lagoon, Blackberry Bliss, Hello Honey, DSP Stack Moonlight, Mossy Meadow
Accessories - Elegant Butterfly Punch, 7/8 scallop punch, Flower Frenzy Bigz die, Fun Flowers Bigz die, Hexagon Hive Thinlit, Wink of Stella Clear

Well distractions aside....
Ta Ta for Now
Photobucket

No comments: