Saturday, April 23, 2011

Playin Hookey

So about a week or so ago I was sitting at my desk job and talking to my BFF Wendy on the phone.  One of the questions we always ask is "What cha doing?"  Half the time she is in her craft room making a project and all the time I am at my desk workin.  So I hit a breaking point and said "that's it! I am taking a day off to come play with you.  What day is good?"  We decided on a day which turned out to be Good Friday which by the way the church never gives us off.  We get Pioneer day instead. LOL!  And people say LDS people are not Christians.  Go figure.

 Anyway, I took several projects over to make, like mothers day cards, table favors for Monday, a couple of other fun projects and we ended up deciding on one that wasn't even on the list to make.  We headed to our favorite craft store and stocked up on adhesive and a few other things because they are going out of business.  We also purchased a frame to put our finished project in and as we broused the store we found these great spring/Easter place mats.  I am such a sucker for tableware I had to have them.  Thanks to the going out of buisness sale and an extra boost from a membership card from Wendy they became affordable.  We stopped for a turkey burger at Carls JR - yes they are not bad, we headed home to get started on our project.
As it came together I loved it even more that I thought I would.  It it makes me all kinds of happy.  Ralph and I are debating on where to hang it.  ( Yikes - I need Wendy to take a better picture or I need a better camera)  If you click on the picture you can get a bigger view - much mo' better to look at.

The small words in the bottom center say Everything - All things that are meaningful to you.  All that you know; the whole world.  Can't describe my family any other way. 

I am not even going to try to list the supplies  - We used a lot of punches, die cuts, ribbon and other do-das.  Didn't it turn out cute?  I will probably hang it by the front door so that I can see it everyday.

Here is the link to Wendy's All In The Family  and here is the link to the original which gave us such a great idea Perrywinklepress - family frame

I hope everyone is having a great Easter weekend so far. 
Ta Ta for now
Photobucket

3 comments:

Charlie said...

That is way cute! Glad you took a day to make it.

Wendy Weixler said...

Sooooo ca-YOOT!!! We ARE awesome, aren't we??? Had SUCH a fun day!!! Let's do it again SOON, okay??? :)

marlene said...

you are right i love it and would love one!I thought of you a lot today Mom was outside playing with the dogs i thought Riley should be here