Tuesday, April 19, 2011

April Showers Bring...

Worms...  I will spare you the pictures, but I hate walking down the sidewalk with Riley dodging the worms.  ick!  These poor little worms are just trying not to drown in all this rain.  I am so ready for some sunshine.   Don't get me wrong... we have enjoyed sporadic hours of complete blissful sunshine.  Some of those hours were even during a time that I could be outside and enjoy them instead of sitting at my desk or in a church house.

We had all the monkeys for a sleep over this weekend.  We love them and they are so much fun.  We went to the park to burn some energy, came home for tacos and then a movie.  One of the monkeys didn't even make it through the first 1/2 hour before sleep over came them.  We stopped half way through for ice cream and cookies and then finished the movie.  It took a little while for them to wind down before they acutally fell asleep.  Morning was breakfast and Uncle Ralph took them to the park and I went to a ward baptism.  When I got home the door was locked and poor Riley had been left at home while the rest of them went back to the park.  I grabbed Riley and headed to the park only in time to meet up with one set of parents.  At this point the youngest monkey had a major breakdown because it just wasn't time to go home yet.

When all kids had been picked up and all was quiet on the home front - I was ready to go to the UofU spring scrimmage game at the stadium.   Ralph was worn out and understandably so.  We opted for a long nap and then took a nice walk in the good weather while we had it.

All too soon the weekend is over and I find myself back at work, patiently awaiting another weekend.

Here are a few projects I have been working on ...
This is a little 3x3 card I put in my customers bags
Paper - concord crush dsp, concord crush, crumb cake, very vanilla,
Stamps - So many thanks, fabulous phrases
Ink - Concord Crush
Accessories - 1/2 in circle punch, itty bitty pucnch pack, pearls, chantilly lace, 1 /3/8 circle, fancy flower punch


This card uses the embedded embossing technique which makes the flowers look like they are part of the paper.
Stamps - Easter Blossoms
Paper - Marina Mist, Very Vanilla, Pretty in Pink, Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron, Bashful Blue
Ink-Marina Mist
Accessories- White gel pen, Boho blossom punch, very vanilla 1/8 taffeta ribbon, square lattice embossing folder

This one is copied right out of the catalog - too cute to not CASE
Stamps - Aviary, fabulous phrases
Ink -cajun craze, peach parfait, regal rose, pear pizzaz
Paper - Pear Pizzazz, peach parfait, regal rose pear pizzazz DSP
Accessories - itty bitty punch pak, basic pearls, pumpkin pie 1/8 taffeta ribbon, fine cosmo glitter, dimensionals.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Wendy Weixler said...

I HATE worms!!! But having a weekend with the monkeys sounds like a good time!! Really lookin' forward to Friday and our girl's day for FUN!!

marlene said...

I love the fist card with the flour on it i need some thank you cards