Friday, March 16, 2012

Basketball and crafting?

Can they be done at the same time....YES!  Watching the NCAA tournement and playing a little with wood and paint were how I spent my evening.

My bracket predictions are not doing so bad.  This is one of those years that you could pick the top seed in everygame and be doing pretty good so far.  Let's see how today plays out.

Project...


I love to decorate for the holidays.  I think the bunny needs a little baseball hat, but not sure quite how to do it.   My sweet friend picked this project up for me at the wood connection, one of my most favorite places to shop.  The colors are so springy and bright.  Hopefully it will take the chill off of the rainy/snowy weather we are supposed to have for this weekend.  Wait till you see what I have coming up....PEEPS!

So...I finally read the Hunger Games.  I decided, when I first heard about the book, that I wasn't going to read it.  The premise sounded absolutely horrible to me.  Throwing a bunch of young kids into a Jungle type arena and having them fight to the death.  Not for me.  I recieved many recommendations, and was starting to lean towards picking the book up.  It wasn't until...

  1. Ralph read it and told me I should give it a try
  2. The movie opens in a week and I knew Ralph would want to see it - and I would want to go with.
  3. I like to read the book before seeing the movie. 
The book was one of those that if you start it is hard to put down.  I have read several "spoilers" to see if the next two are worth reading.  Looks like I am going to have to pick up a set from Costco. : )

I am looking forward to the weekend.  Time with Ralph, see Miss Mar before she heads back to KY, a little bit of play time, a missionary homecoming, and a date.  You would think with just the two of us we would go on a lot more "dates", but we are such home bodies.  Maybe if we had kids then we would want to get away once in a while.  Anyway...

Ta Ta for now
Photobucket

2 comments:

Charlie said...

I love your craft how cute. I felt the same way about Hunger Games but finally gave in and read the first one and found I couldn't put it down. I haven't finished the series yet though. I am totally excited for the movie I hope it is good.

Wendy Weixler said...

I thought I had already posted on this ... guess I THOUGHT about what I wanted to post and just forgot! LOVE that "HOP" ... and I'm glad you finally jumped into the Hunger Games ... I wanna go see the movie now!! :)