Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Just Stuff

Millan.net
Hello... Anybody out there?  I have a free evening - well not really, but I have to chosen to make it that way.  Being there is not much on the telly - Ralph and I watched a Miss Marple mystery.  There has to be at least 2 people die and it rarely ends up being who you suspected in the beginning.  We find them thoroughly entertaining and much better than most of the crap on TV.   With time to spare I thought I would update my blog.  I have started several posts, but never finished them so therefore they never got posted. 

I got a Stampin UP order a couple of days ago with all kinds of goodies in it. 
Smiley from millan.net
Some of what was inside the box was actually for me and in was some of the new product out of the new catalog.  Fun stuff.   So with yesterday being another Curtis family birthday - (I know it seems there is always a Curtis birthday) I decided to pull out some of the new stuff.  It wasn't easy making a card for the mystery man, after many attempts at jokes about Gas (cause you know that is where the birthday boy works) that got veto'd...Here is the card Ralph and I put together. 

Stamps - Nature Sillouettes, On Your Birthday
Ink - Black Staz on, Marina Mist
Paper - Basic Black, Early Espresso, Whisper White, Marina Mist
Accessories - Embossing Folder, 1 1/4 Circle punch, sponge

Have you enjoyed any of the soccer games.  I haven't been an avid watcher, but I have caught a few.  Here is the most annoying thing about those games...
Millan.net
Wouldn't you agree?  The constant "Buzzing" drives anyone crazy.   How about the USA team today? WOW what a finish.  Who would have guessed they would pull through in the last minutes of overage time. 

The garden is doing well - I meant to take pictures last night, but the sun went down before I finished my chores of helping Ralph put the tomato cages up.  Maybe this weekend.  The peas are about ready to pick.  I love to eat them straight off the vine.  Ralph has to have them at least blanched if not fully cooked.  Crazy - who doesn't love raw peas?

I finished a couple more books - The Good Thief by Hannah Tinti - A very Dickensian written story about an orphan and the very colorful characters he encounters.  I enjoyed it and would recommend it.

I also finished - The Weed that Strings the Hangmans Bag - Alan C. Bradley.  This is the second book in the series.  What can I say.  Flavia is up to her snooping around and gets into her usual troubles, but as always figures things out in the end.  A fun read and another one I would recommend.

One other note I need to mention - I made a Dulce de Leche cheesecake that was to die for.  I took a basic New York cheesecake recipe and made up my own recipe.  The texture was unbelievable perfect.  And the flavor - such a creamy caramel delight.  I wish I could have gotten pictures, because it was picture perfect.  Hopeully I will get a chance to make it again and then I will get pictures and share. 

Have a fabulous day and
Ta Ta for now
Millan.net

No comments: