Wednesday, January 23, 2013

BRRRRR

I just can't seem to keep warm.  Not only is it cold, but the air here is toxic.  Worst air quality in the US.  I know it makes you want to pack up and move to Utah right now.  If you can't find Riley these days...he has parked himself over a heating vent.  During the day, he chases the sun coming in the window.  He gets all out of sorts if it is cloudy.  Poor little guy doesn't know what to do with himself when the sun doesn't adhere to his schedule.  Oh, the life of Riley! 

We have a forcast for a storm big enough to blow the icky air away and snow/rain some more.  Lets hope that the clear air sticks around.

I have been going through card making/craft project withdrawal...  Here is a valentines card that has been swirling around in my head once I saw all the cool new accessories and stamps in our new spring catalog.

I used the new honeycomb embossing folder on two different papers and then cut them out and inserted the hexagon in the embossed sheet.   Lesson learned...if you use Stampin Up's white paper, then you have to open another tab on the platform in order for it to not tear the paper.   I didnt redo it, but noted for next time.  I used the flower from collage curios and the sentiment from my little valentine.  
I am teaching a class this weekend so I have 3 cards to design. I also have two family birthdays this month. It seems to all come at once. I like having an excuse to make a mess in my "crap" space. 
 
Work is crazy.  I got dumped with another mess to clean up.  I just hope I can keep up with it.  Right now I am operating in crisis mode.  Yikes!  It is amazing to me how somone can be assigned to a project and when things start to go south with it...why don't they ask for help.  It would have been much easier to address this when the problem started.
 
I have been able to sneek in a little bit of reading.  I just picked up The House at Riverton, by Kate Morton.  I have read her other two books, The Forgotten Garden, and the Distant Hours.  I love them both.  I read Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson.  I liked it so much I read it twice over my Christmas break.  I just finished I got this by Jennifer Hudson - Not what I expected.  Hopefully I will have a report soon.
 
I haven't really tried any new recipes lately, so nothing to report on that front.  Although, my brother shared another one of his bread recipes.  I am hoping to get better at it.  I love home made bread as it comes out of the oven.  The heel/crust in my favorite.  Slathered in butter and local honey.  MMMMM!  Maybe one day the loaves will be good enough to take a picture.

So...my one of my new goals is to get to my blog at least twice a week.  It is great therapy and it keeps my fan base informed.  HA HA HA HA.  Yes I am delusional.
From Millan.Net
Ta Ta for now 
Photobucket

2 comments:

Charlie said...

I love seeing your crafts consider me a fan.

Wendy Weixler said...

Great card!! And I am reading The House at Riverton RIGHT NOW!! (which is why we are besties ... great minds think alike!)! :)