Sunday, March 5, 2023

Monday Montage 232 - Decorative Borders

Another weekend has come to a close.  Mine involved a funeral,  a few errands, Church, and a pot of homemade bean and bacon soup with homemade rosemary olive focaccia, and a few doggie cuddles/naps interspersed. Not too crazy.


The Decorative Borders stamp set was given to me as a "prize" at the Stampin' UP Onstage get together.  I don't think it would have been one I would have picked, but thought I better put some into to the stamp and give it a whirl.

The circles were cut from the split card textures dies and then a border circle was cut to frame them.  I really like how they turned out.  I colored and cut two of the borders and combined them to make a more full flower border



Stamps - Decorative Border, Framed Florets
Ink - Highland Heather, Black
Paper - Highland Heather, Black, White
Accessories - Stampin UP Blends, Layering Circle Dies, Split Card Texture Dies, Milky Dots, Brushed metal butterflies, blending brushes


The shading was done with an ink pad and blender brush and then I flicked ink with my markers to create the splatter look. It was an easy layout and probably one I have used before, but there are so many possibilities with all the beautiful die cut backgrounds!


Next up is the amazing Elizabeth at Seeing Ink spots.  She never fails to have a project worth CASEing



No comments: