Sunday, July 1, 2018

We Create Celebrations Blog Hop

When I think about celebrations, especially this time of year I think about the 4th of July and also in the state of Utah we celebrate the 24th of July when the Mormon Pioneers came to settle this beautiful valley.  July is just one big party in Utah.  There are lots of parades and community activities going on all the time.

My card is along that theme of parades and the 4th of July.  Who remembers decorating their bikes to ride in the parade?  Streamers of crepe paper weaved in and out of bicycle spokes  sparkly handle bars, balloons and... TAFFY that was thrown from the floats.  Such a fun time.  



This is the inside...

And who doesn't like salt water taffy, which is made right here Salt Lake City.  The Bear Lake Raspberry flavor is my favorite!!! Accompanied with your favorite soft drink.  Sounds like a good treat to me.

Supplies
Stamp Sets - Bike Ride, Thoughtful Banners, One for all, Stitched all Around
Ink - Real Red, Memento Black, Blueberry Bushel, Incolor 2018-2020 markers
Paper, Real Red, Night of Navy, Silver Glitter DSP, 
Extras - Balloon Punch, Stitched labels framelits, Build a Bike dies,  gold thread, Subtle EF
Hop on over to Kims to see what she has created.


Photobucket

8 comments:

Studio Shabaz - CreativeMe68 said...

I love the Fourth of July Bike Ride Celebration card <3
Cheers Shaz

Kris Kilkenny said...

Cheryl this is adorable! I love how you made the balloon strings look like they were being pulled by the wind. This card just brought back memories of my kids when they were little in the neighborhood bike parade. Just like you described! Sounds like July is super fun month in Utah!!! I think I need this set!!! Awesome card!!

Tanya said...

Very cute!! I love the patriotic bike!

Tricia Butts said...

Wonderful card design. The little dog is so adorable on the back of the bike. I love the cute tag on the bag of taffy. Great ideas. :)

procrastistamper said...

I love the way you brought all these stamp sets together! And, the raspberry is my favorite flavor of the taffy, too ;-) Thanks for sharing :-D

Unknown said...

Such a cute idea with the balloons on the bike. I love the salt water taffy gift idea too.

libbystamps said...

Cute projects! Love the taffy tag! And, taffy!!!

SeeJulieStamp said...

Love the pup on the bike and of course the DC goes with everything.